Arrival at PNC Arena
The university Commencement ceremony held at PNC Arena begins promptly at 9:00 a.m. Faculty should arrive no later than 8:30 a.m. and should enter through the north side, lower-level delivery entrance of PNC Arena. For easiest access to the faculty assembly area, parking is available in the North Lots. There is no charge for parking at PNC Arena for Commencement.
All faculty, students, participants and guests are subject to search upon entering the arena.
Faculty–who are not sponsoring doctoral graduates–will assemble directly behind the stage; signs will be posted and Commencement staff will be available to direct and assist. Assembly is not alphabetical or by college.
Doctoral faculty sponsors should view details for additional procedures provided on the Doctoral Sponsors page.
Commencement Exercise and Recessional
Non-sponsor faculty will be seated in sections 118-120, near the Doctoral degree candidates.
After the conclusion of the Commencement exercises, there will be a recessional for the Platform Party, faculty, and Doctoral graduates only.
- There is no limit to the number of guests who may attend the Commencement ceremony at PNC Arena
- The Commencement ceremony should end no later than 11:30 a.m.
- Accessible seating is located on the concourse level and is clearly marked in the arena.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited inside the arena. Outdoor smoking areas are designated.
- The possession of or use of alcoholic beverages in the arena is strongly prohibited.