- Graduating candidate for a bachelor's degree
- Receiving their first degree
- Eligible to graduate in the intended term
- Has submitted an application to graduate by the time of application
- Showcases leadership, service, and Wolfpack pride
Application Procedure and Requirements
- Fill out and submit the Student Commencement Speaker application in full
- You must be logged into your NC State Google account to access the application
- Upload your audition video to the application form (see instructions for submitting audition video below)
Once all application materials have been received by the committee, the committee will anonymously vote on and select a candidate. All candidates will be notified of a decision.
Speech Content Guidelines
- The topic and format of the speech are left to the discretion of the speaker
- The speech must not be disrespectful and may not contain profanity of any kind
- The speech should be no longer than five minutes
- The speech presented in the audition should be as close to the final speech as possible
Spring 2021 Video Auditions
Auditions for spring 2021 are now closed. The selected student speakers will be announced shortly.
Contact us at email@example.com or 919-515-2577 with any questions.
Application Dates and Deadlines
|Student Speaker Application Available||March 15, 2021|
|Student Speaker Application and Audition Deadline||March 30, 2021|
|Speaker is selected and applicants are notified of decision||No later than April 5, 2021|
|NC State Spring 2021 Commencement||Friday, May 14, 2021 (evening, time TBD)
Saturday, May 15, 2021 (morning, time TBD)
The Spring 2021 student speaker application is now closed.
The student speakers will be announced soon!
If you have any questions about the student commencement speaker application or selection process, please contact the Student Commencement Speaker Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-515-2577.